Guest recipe from Joanne Raia of www.rawjo.com
Tomato Zucchini Basil Pesto Cashew Cream Stack
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 543
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 65g
Saturated Fat 13g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 11g
Monounsaturated Fat 38g
Total Carbohydrates 54g
Dietary Fiber 7g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 large beef steak or similar tomato, sliced thick
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized
- Basil Pumpkin Pesto (located in the files section)
- Cashew Cream (see recipe below)
- 3-5 fresh basil leaves
- Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil
- Martha’s Vineyard Premium Sea Salt (https://mvseasalt.staging.wpengine.com/)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Cashew Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup raw (organic if possible) cashews, soaked two hours (overnight works too!)
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of sea salt
- Purified water as needed, I usually start with 1/4 cup
- Drizzle olive oil on plate and place 1 thick slice of tomato on top.
- Put several dollops of pesto, then several dollops of cashew cream, as much spiraled zucchini as you like, then a few fresh basil leaves. Sprinkle only a few granules (that’s all you need!) of Martha’s Vineyard Premium Sea Salt and grinds of freshly ground black pepper.
- Repeat step 2 for another layer.
- Top with a smaller size thick tomato slice followed by a dollop of pesto, then cashew cream. Place a fresh basil leaf in the cashew cream.
- Cashew Cream Directions
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender or Vita Mix. Use the Vita Mix tamper to keep the mixture down in the bottom of the blender. Be sure to have the tamper only touch the four corners of the bottom of the blender. You can also use a food processor for a less creamy texture.
- I love the flavor of Martha’s Vineyard Sea Salt! You only need a few granules that you can squeeze in between your fingers to crush it a bit. This will give you plenty of sea salt for this recipe! The flavor is amazing! You can order it online too! https://mvseasalt.staging.wpengine.com/buy-sea-salt/ I would recommend ordering one of the Traveler Packs.
Martha's Vineyard Sea Salt https://www.mvseasalt.com/