My taste buds go into overdrive every time I read Susie Middleton’s recipes. These are very crispy, and with MV Sea Salt delicious right off the pan.
Quick-Roasted Cauliflower with Sea Salt and Optional Garlic-Lime-Cilantro Butter
Nutty, smooth, crunchy and limey, too.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 pound cauliflower florets (from about 1 small head), each cut into pieces about 1 ½ inches long with one flat side
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Garlic-Lime-Cilantro Butter (optional, see below)
- Heat the oven to 475° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl, toss the florets gently but thoroughly with the olive oil and about ¾ teaspoon sea salt. Spread the florets out on the sheet pan in one layer, flat side down. (Scrape any remaining salt and oil out of the bowl onto the florets). Roast until the bottom of the florets are well-browned and the tops are starting to brown, 20 to 24 minutes. (You can turn them once with tongs about ¾ way through cooking, but do leave the flat side in contact with the sheet pan for at least the first 15 minutes so that it will get nicely caramelized.) Serve right away sprinkled with more sea salt (they cool down quickly), or drizzle with the butter and transfer to a serving bowl.
- To make Garlic-Lime-Cilantro Butter: In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon unsalted butter with 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon minced garlic over medium-low heat. When the butter has melted and the garlic has begun to smell fragrant, remove the skillet from the heat and mix in ½ tsp. freshly grated lime zest and ½ tsp. fresh lime juice. Stir in 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro. Drizzle over cauliflower.
Martha's Vineyard Sea Salt https://www.mvseasalt.com/