We love a good steak now that we eat so few a year. Yes, folks, we stroll by the meat case in the grocery store in favor of locally raised, grass fed beef. Curt’s cholesterol dropped 40 points!
MV Sea Salt Porterhouse Steak
Porterhouse. And, we, Curt and I, love a good steak now that we eat so few a year. Maybe six? Yes, folks, we stroll by the meat case in the grocery store in favor of locally raised, mostly grass fed beef. Curt's cholesterol dropped 40 points, our food bill decreased, and no more sad cow meat. But I could go on.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 23g
Saturated Fat 9g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 16 oz Porterhouse Steak - from the shelf or cut to order - removed from package, dried with a paper towel and room temperature
- 1/2 Tbsp MV Sea Salt
- Remove steak from package (defrost in fridge if necessary), dry with paper towels and set out on counter to let get to room temperature.
- Light your grill, scrub the grates when hot to clean.
- Only when the grill is nice and hot, place steak on gill directly over heat. For 1" thickness, let grill for five minutes before turning (assuming you want medium rare). Turn at five minutes and cook for another five minutes.
- Remove steak from grill to platter. Let it setup for a good 5 minutes. Sprinkle the top of the steak with MV Sea Salt, either whole chunks or ground by your fingers. Serve.
Martha's Vineyard Sea Salt https://www.mvseasalt.com/